Effective Date: 1st September 2018
The Policy describes the types of information we obtain about visitors (“You”, “Your”, “User”, “Users”) and how we use that information. We describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
We gather personal information and tracking information when you use our Website.
Users provide personal information when posting comments on BitPR or subscribing to services provided by BitPR. Personal information gathered from posting comments includes e-mail address and user name. Personal information gathered when subscribing to services include information entered in the subscription form. Credit or debit card information submitted when purchasing services is processed by third-party vendors and is not shared with BitPR.
- Keep track of advertisements and display relevant advertisements (by country and language)
- Not show users the same advertisements repeatedly
- Offer better Website experiences and tools in future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
- Understand if you have already taken required steps to view certain types of content on the Website
In addition, our carefully selected third-party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon the websites you visit, or for other purposes. The information collected about your device enables advertisers to group your device with other devices showing similar user interests. Advertising is then displayed to users based on common interests.
You can control your browser’s settings regarding cookies by selecting “Internet Options” or “Preferences” in the menu bar of your browser. You can then prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, have your browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, or disable Cookies altogether.
If you are accessing the internet without a web browser, such as a mobile application or third-party content distribution service, you understand that you may not have the ability to disable cookies, depending on the method of access. To opt out of targeted ads, you may need to turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device.
If you disable cookies or opt out of targeted ads, you may still see the same number of ads but they may be less relevant to you.
Use of Personal Information
- To display customized content and advertising to users
- To improve the relevance of content
- To ensure the technical functioning of BitPR.
BitPR does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or external companies, except to provide you with services, with your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- When ordered to, or obligated by, law
- We may share certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you personally.
User posts or comments on articles on BitPR are available to the public. You should exercise caution before disclosing any personal information in a public post.
Questions or comments regarding this Policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.